Romanica – Accademia Italiana di Lingua e Cultura, Modena
Via Castel Maraldo 45 41121 Modena Tel. +39 059 245651 Fax. +39 059 433244 email@example.com www.romanica.it
ROMANICA is a school for the study of the Italian language. Since 1998 ROMANICA offers courses to students of all ages and all nationalities, as well as a wide variety of activities during students’ free time.
ROMANICA is located in Modena, right in the historic centre. Its classrooms, in an eighteenth-century building decorated with frescoes, are merely a point of departure from which students will discover the everyday rhythms of this beautiful and liveable city.
Romanica organizes a cultural programme which is included as part of the course and parallels with the language study in its content: excursions to close cities and museums, seminars about Italian litterature, history, geography, wine, songs, gastronomy, movies, guided visits to Balsamic Vinegar, Lambrusco wine, Parmigiano cheese, Ferrari, Casa-Museo Pavarotti… The program keep the students busy for 6-8 additional hours each week.
Romanica is CILS, CELI and AIL examination centre and DITALS training and examination centre for the teaching of Italian.
Standard group courses
Duration: from 1 week to 48 weeks
N. lessons/week: 20 hours weekly, hours of 55 minutes
Prices 2016: 1 week 230,00 €; 2 weeks 390,00 € ; 3 weeks 540,00 € ; 4 weeks 680,00 €; 5 % discount for students under 20 and over 60 years of age; 10% discount for the second month of course onwards.
Description: the lessons (4 hours per day, from Monday to Friday, from 9 to 13) are conducted exclusively in Italian and divided between grammar/vocabulary and expression and conversation. In order to stimulate the communicative abilities, we work with specially selected texts, exercises, articles, literary extracts, games, role plays, songs, videos. The classes composed of a maximum of 12 students (divided in 5 levels, from beginner to advanced) allow the students to quickly improve communication skills.
Description: every student has his or her specific interests and rhythms. The individual courses are organized, for the subject and the timetable, following the specific needs of the students: general Italian or Italian for specific purposes (literature, art, business, tourism, Italian for systematic study, translations), lessons specifically designed to prepare language certification exams (CELI, CILS and AIL), admission exams to an Italian university and university language exams.
Duration: 1 week – prolongable up to 4 weeks
1) Fornelli, forchette e fantasia – 1 week: 10 hours of italian language in group (hours of 55 minutes) with gastronomic focus + 2 theoretical and practical seminars with tastings (3 hours each one) + 2 culinary excursions
2) Lingua e melodramma – 1 week: 10 hours of italian language in group (hours oh 55 minutes) + 10 individual hours on melodrama (hours of 60 minutes) + 1 seminar (1,5 hours) + 2 themed excursions
3) Lingua e arti figurative – 1 week: 10 hours of italian language in group (hours oh 55 minutes) + 10 individual hours (hours of 60 minutes) + 2 excursions / workshops
4) Lingua e teatro – 1 week: 10 hours of italian language in group (hours oh 55 minutes) + 10 individual or small group hours (hours of 60 minutes) + 3 activities
1) Fornelli, forchette e fantasia = euros 320 / week
2) Lingua e melodramma = euros 490 / week
3) Lingua e arti figurative = euros 490 / week
4) Lingua e teatro = euros 490 / week
1) FORNELLI, FORCHETTE E FANTASIA language and cuisine, theoretical and practical seminars with tastings (fresh pasta, wine, olive oil), culinary excursions (Balsamic Vinegar, Lambrusco, Parmigiano…)
2) LINGUA E MELODRAMMA language and Opera, libretti’s analysis, seminars, themed excursions (Pavarotti Theater, Pavarotti House-Museum, Toscanini House …)
3) LINGUA E ARTI FIGURATIVE language and art / art history, visits (Romanesque Cathedral, baroque monuments…), workshops (marbled paper, renaissance design, engraving)
4) LINGUA E TEATRO language and glottodrama / technical theater, workshops, activities (phonetics, gestures, contemporary theater)
1) Special weeks for junior students’ group
2) Special weeks for senior students’ group
3) Courses for companies
4) Courses for workers and family caregivers
5) Courses for ditals exam preparation
italian language test
free didactic material
– with a family
– in a shared flat, with use of the kitchen
– in an independent flat
– in hotel: in the city centre, special prices for romanica’s studens
free program of cultural activities
excursion for the week end
free wifi and internet
information and support service
library and video collection
transfer service from and to bologna “marconi” airport
rent a bike
School recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education
Member of ASILS
Member of AIL
CILS (Università per Stranieri di Siena), CELI (Università per Stranieri di Perugia) and AIL (Accademia Italiana di Lingua di Firenze) examination centre
DITALS training and examination centre for the teaching of italian
Recognized by CSN Sweden
Recognized by Bildungsurlaub Berlin
Recognized by Pädagogische Hochschule of Tirolo, Oberösterreich, Vorarlberg (Austria)
A.S.I.L.S. (Association of Italian Schools in Italy), is the most representative organization of private schools teaching Italian in Italy. To learn Italian in one of our schools, means to get the best certified quality possible. Our inspections are regular and independently run and cover the fields of: teaching, premises and services.